Saturday, April 30, 2016

TF101 wi-fi slowdown issues

Hi,

My TF101 is now almost unusable because of wi-fi issues. Each time any process tries to access Internet through wi-fi, everything hangs. This results in frequent "application not responding", almost anytime Google Play is looking for or installing updates. Firefox is now totally unusable, taking forever to load any page. After my last factory reset, reinstalling around 30 applications took more than 2 hours during which the device wasn't responsive at all. Wi-fi is also draining the battery whatever I do. After a single night, battery goes from 95% to 20%, this is just crazy. I tried all the suggestions I could find by Googling around: factory reset, BetterBatteryStats, JuiceDefender. Disabling wi-fi helps, but as soon as I enable it back to install applications, check for updates, check for emails, etc., I have to wait up to 5 minutes until the device responds again. I have other wi-fi devices (Lenovo IdeaPad ultrabook and Nexus 5 phone) that don't behave like this, so this does not seem to be a router issue, unless the TF101 works with just specific routers. Some applications like BetterBatteryStats will make me believe the Google services are the one mainly using wi-fi and draining battery.

A while ago, I moved out of Asus's stock ROM (Android 4.0) because it was outdated and slow, to KatKiss, first Android 4.4, then Android 5. It got worse with Android 5. Is it because of the KatKiss ROM? Should I try with another ROM? My next step will be another factory reset and not install ANY application, but that will make this device pretty useless.

Any suggestion?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/24ch2P2
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment