Thursday, August 4, 2016

[Q] Software bypass of hardware-related graphics issue

I have a Galaxy S6 Edge with what I've been told is a hardware-related graphics issue. Certain elements across the system, such as dialogs, that are apparently GPU-accelerated or something similar display chopped up with pieces in the wrong place or missing entirely.

Is there any way I can find out which specific graphics feature/function is being an issue so I can possibly bypass it?

Here are screenshots of the issue: imgur.com/a/0i3AQ

The issue itself seems to affect specific elements across the system, such as the map in Google Maps, a number of toolbars, all popup dialogs, and the notification shade - but only when there are things like images in notifications, never plain text ones. It appears in screenshots (like those), is not intermittent, and doesn't go away or change when the screen's rotated or a map is moved, for example.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aTA472
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment