Thursday, April 28, 2016

N915A stuck on "booting to recovery" screen

Hey guys,

I normally never post "please help" threads, but i'm genuinely stuck on this one. I'm used to HTC devices and this is my first Samsung I've had and I've tried everything I can think of to fix it but nothing seems to work.

I got a notification there was an update to the device so I ran the OTA update to lollipop, and since then, the phone was acting weird. A few days back, it froze and then rebooted itself and appeared to be stuck in a bootloop, not going past the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge splash screen for a few seconds before rebooting again and again. I tried to boot into recovery mode by pressing the Home + Power + Volume up button, and the blue "Booting to recovery" shows in top left, but then it immediately starts to reboot again. So recovery will not load no matter what I do.

I then downloaded Odin after some research and found the ALL_ATT_N915AUCU2COI2_N915AATT2COI2_CL5613658_QB61 96305_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar file and was able to get the device into download mode. I put the file into the AP box, checking the two boxes I was supposed to (Auto Reboot and F reset time) and hit start. It passed. When it rebooted, it immediately tries to boot back to the recovery screen and the same issue persists. Odin output below:

From Odin Mode screen on phone:

ODIN MODE (HIGH SPEED)
PRODUCT NAME: SM-915A
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
REACTIVATION LOCK: OFF
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x0
DUALCOM SECUREBOOt: ENABLE(CSB)
RP SWREV: S1, T2, R1, A2, P1
SECURE DOWNLOAD: ENABLE
UDC: START

Once Odin does it's thing, here's the output from the program, which says it passed with no issue. However, it will NOT boot and continues to loop trying to load the recovery.

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin engine v(ID:3.1005)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/003> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/003> tz.mbn
<ID:0/003> sdi.mbn
<ID:0/003> NON-HLOS.bin
<ID:0/003> boot.img
<ID:0/003> recovery.img
<ID:0/003> system.img.ext4
<ID:0/003> persist.img.ext4
<ID:0/003> modem.bin
<ID:0/003> cache.img.ext4
<ID:0/003> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/003> RES OK !!
<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> Remain Port .... 0
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

I tried to do the process again, same issue. I took it to a Samsung center in best buy, there's a small crack by the fingerprint sensor so they said they warranty is voided and they won't fix it but they tried to flash it as well and couldn't. But he didn't try very hard.

Not sure what to do at this point, if anyone could help or offer guidance I would be much appreciative >.<

I can still get it into update mode and I did something after that I can't remember but it popped up with the yellow exclamation that said there was a problem loading the firmware update. I tried downloading Kies3 but it says the device is incompatible, Samsung told me to try with Smart switch. I put the model number in and it asks for the S/N which I put it in as well to try and recover that way, but it says the SN is invalid no matter how many times I've put it in on either Kies3 or Smart Switch.

Please help? :(

Thank you in advance


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1N2rr8e
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment