Sunday, September 25, 2016

[OT] Eduroam bridge config DD-WRT or OpenWRT on WRT54GL v1.1 oder WRT54G3G v1.1

Dear XDA memers,
I am not an IT network expert at all. I would like to "empower" the Eduroam signal, as from my room is weak so I am able sometime to see it, but not enought for connecting.
I have those Wireless routers available. In the past I already tried something similar. I reached to extend my WiFI with WPA and WEP with DD-WRT in client bridge mode in a flat of a friend of mine, but the 801.x enterprice configuration of the Eduroam is too much for me, and i do not want to risk to give safety issues to the Eduroam of my university.
So I kindly ask your help.
I already asked to university IT support, I even proposed to support the cost of the hardware for improving the signal. But they are so busy with thousand of things so it is almost impossible that they will make it happen, or it would take a century.
So the DIY solution, and extentions of the Eduroam is my only options, and your support would be very appreciated.
I do not know Linux-Unix so much to go deep in the OpenWRT config that you also can find in internet on the DD-WRT or OpenWRT support websites.
Maybe you have done already the same, and you have even a firmware+configuration file saved for this hardware, or your can provide a Instruction for Dummies for me. I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2d8CRby
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment