Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Can't get root twice for bootloader unlock. Got it once, can't do it again.

I had 5.1.1 installed. Couldn't get KingRoot to give temp root (lots of people say you can only do it on 4.4.4, lots of other people say they got it to work on 5.1.1 if you read around).

So I tried downgrading to 4.4.4. Odin failed every time.

So I tried downgrading to 5.0.1. That worked. But kingroot still was unable to get root.

I then found King O Root. Tried that once, no luck. Tried it a 2nd time, and success. I then ran the samsund_fix file. And it changed my CID.

But then you have to restart the phone and run the fix file again.

I have run king o root (and tried kingroot) each at least 30 times now. And I can't get either to give me root access again. I've even tried the desktop version of king o root. Nothing.

I'm SOOO close I feel. But I can't get that last step. Its killing me.

Can anyone help with where to go next?

I figure either 1) I have to find a way to get temporary root one more time. OR 2) find a way to get down to kitkat 4.4.4 to get temporary root.

One other quick question, is the reason I can't get to 4.4.4 because I upgraded all the way to 5.1.1? EVERYTHING I read says 'yeah you can downgrade' but mine won't downgrade. Odin fails with an error So how do I get to 4.4.4? Am I just screwed?

NAND Write Start!
boot.img
FAIL! (Auth)


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/28ZQ5TE
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment