Thursday, June 30, 2016

Google Photos "Waiting for Wi-Fi"

So 100GB free for two years on Google, great, thanks!! They did similar with Dropbox back when I got my Jewel. Ideal purpose here is photos of my kids getting backed up, I don't create nearly that many spreadsheets to warrant that kind of storage.

Photos WILL NOT back up photos via wi-fi, the Assistant in the app just says "Waiting for Wi-Fi", well the wait is over, you've been connected to wi-fi almost constantly for a week now. As soon as you flip the switch to use mobile data, they back up fine, over mobile data. I'm unlimited, so that's not a huge issue, just seems like a power drain to me.

I've done all the toggling on and off, uninstalled app (updates to system app only, not rooted yet so still on stock), cleared data/cache, blah blah blah. Seems like the app isn't allowed to see the Wi-Fi state or something. I've Googled the issue and I don't seem to be the only one facing it. Only thing I haven't tried is removing my Google account and re-adding it, but someone else on another forum states to have tried it to no avail.

Has anyone here on this forum of geniuses seen this and figured it out?????
thanks!!!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/296N9H9
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment