Wednesday, March 30, 2016

[Help] WiFi/tethering not working, no idea what's going on

Okay, I'm gonna try and not mess up this post by not mixing everything up :
I've got an Lg G2 D802, running Cm 12. 1, everything was working fine until I tried one day to tether my data to my computer, it just wouldn't work... The screen froze sometimes when I clicked on the "share the network" button, or sometimes would just be grayed out. Searched online and found nothing relevant, decided to not pay that much attention to the issue.

That was until I came back home and tried to log on to my wifi, wouldn't work, same freeze issue than the tethering, or the icon would just turn Grey, or sometimes I wouldn't even be able to click on it. A lot of people are having the issue with other phones as well, but have seen no solution that worked for me...
I wiped everything and installed CM13, issue remained, same with Cm12, another version of CM 12.1 and even a few lollipop and marshmallow AOSP roms..
So yeah, from my rookie point of view I've tried everything I could think of and Google hasn't been of any help, this is why I'm turning to you guys for help.

PS : Takes it a while to connect to the data network, and I've also been using a lot of the app "Network switcher" to remain on LTE in places where my phone would switch to 2G.

Hope you guys can help,
A very worried man


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/25xcyRi
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment