Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Installing the Official 6.0.1 update via Samsung Kies or Odin or different method.

Hey everyone.

I'm running on completely Stock 5.1.1 OK1 on my Note 4 and just recieved the official MM OTA update last night. Due to my phone having a lot of junk and being laggy I decided to flash the official firmware from any external method to have a clean install of the os. I heard about Samsung Kies which makes a back up of your phone and installs the latest os, I installed and backed up my phone last night but it didn't seem to give me an update on the os, it said "This is the latest version" (5.1.1 COK1).

My main concern about this is. I've bought this phone from Pakistan (used phone but in brand new condition) and I'm currently living in Malaysia and I have no idea who was the previous owner of this phone. In Kies it shows the phone number different than what I have (maybe its the Sprint phone number?).

What if my carrier is locked by having a clean install? Or any sort of other related issue occurs.

Please take some time to enlighten the facts from your knowledge, will highly appreciate it.

Regards.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1UDygzC
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment