Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Firmware related questions ʕ•ﻌ•ʔ

Hi guys.

Im absolutely new to the htc community. I just bought an m9 and immediately rooted it using the manual in the general section.

From what I've understood, im now s-on? I searched the internet a bit about s-on an s-off and it was pretty clear. Now if i want to install a rom i can simply flash it using TWPR. But, I'm reading here and there that we can update our firmware if we are on s-off.

So my question is: am i correct in the first place? And second, is it really that necessary to update the FW and therefore make the device s-off? What are the actual benefits of s-off and what are the benefitsof a new firmware?(ist this included in a new rom base?)

Thanks in advance!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1r1x4sw
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment