Monday, May 30, 2016

Radio problems (had trouble updating firmware)

When I purchased my verizon droid turbo I used mofo and flashed computerfreek's KK ROM. This weekend I decided to unlock the bootloader.

I followed the instructions in "[GUIDE] How to unlock your bootloader, install TWRP and gain root access" and had issues in section 0. After double-clicking on the .BAT file I would reboot the phone and it would loop back to the bootloader. On the bootloader screen the space next to Baseband was blank. I re-downloaded, tried again, changed USB cables, tried different fastboot commands, tried flashing from another image... Finally I just stepped through the BAT file individually, line-by-line.

Now it boots normally. When I go back to the bootloader the baseband reads: MDM9625_104651.11.05.16.02R QUARK_CUST

The problem: I don't think the radio is in good shape.

When I start the phone there's an exclamation point next to the cell tower strength icon up in the status bar. The "4G LTE" indicator is on but it sure doesn't feel like it. The first time I went to download Sunshine it timed out (it downloaded fine on wi-fi).

I pulled my wife's iPhone out and started speedtest on both her device and mine. My pings are at least twice as long as hers, and my download/upload speeds are also much lower than her speeds.

I feel like with all the messing around I'm sure I could have messed up my phone's radio. For example: at one point I tried "fastboot oem config fsg-id verizon"

Anyone know what steps I can do to get it working well again?
(I was able to unlock the bootloader with Sunshine so that's going just fine).


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1OYUCV9
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment