Tuesday, May 31, 2016

N9108V - Note 4 for China Mobile version. 3G and LTE not working in Europe (Greece)

Hello everyone,

A Note 4 N9108V end up to my hands, but after using it i realised it cannot properly operate in my network.
It is a snapdragon variant, single-sim version for China Mobile, has lot of Chinese stuff totally useless if you are outside China and does not have Google apps also.
I manage to root the device, install custom CWM recovery, install a MIUI7 ROM that is quite good, install Google but still have problem with 3G coverage (and LTE ofcourse since in China LTE is different than EU)
I have 3G coverage, but if i will move to another location i will not be able to make calls, and i will also appear as unreachable if someone is calling me. Also data connection will not work. Later, it may work correctly for a while.
In GSM mode is working perfectly

I took it to a local repair center to check for hardware problem, they say that it is probably the baseband (modem) software that is designed specific for the China Mobile network, or there is a bug.
I tried all the available official ROMs and modems for this device (4.4.4, 5.0.1, 5.1.1) but nothing improved.
The only thing i manage to do is to have this amazing phone working only in GSM mode....
It is like having a Ferrari with pedals. :(

I am thinking if it is somehow possible to load the modem file for the EU model (N910F), and this may "unlock" the needed frequencies to operate correctly. Or even, if it possible to load the entire N910F or similar non-branded Note 4 formware to the phone, since i suppose the hardware is the same.
I tried to load this modem file and the n910F firmware with Odin but is not accepted, the procedure failed.

Any ideas, proposals etc?? (except of hammering the device, this will be my last option) :laugh:

Thanks in advance


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1UfIgt6
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment