Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Replacement adhesive for back cover

I have a Moto X Pure with a broken screen. I replaced it with a new screen and frame from iFixit, but the replacement screen had a few bad spots and I had to RMA that. So I disassembled the phone again for the RMA. After being taken apart twice, the original adhesive on the back panel is starting to ball up and wear out a bit.

What's the best replacement? I was only able to find one company selling a pre-cut double-sided foam part anywhere, and they're quoting 21 days for shipment.

I'm sure I can do a decent job by removing all the old adhesive and using some 3M double-sided VHB tape, but I'm not sure which tape to get or how thick it needs to be.

Has anyone done this before? Any suggestions?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1XdbXlE
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment