Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Problems with marshmallow update. Emergency recovery

Hello all. I'm having some trouble getting my note 5 to work again. I downloaded the new Marshmallow update today from sammobile and proceeded to flash it with odin. After 10 seconds I got the fail red box in odin, disconnected my phone and got this error: '' an error has occured while updating the device software. Use the emergency recovery function in the smart switch pc software''.

So I went ahead and read in a couple of forums and saw that people got their phones working back using Kies. I did that. Entered my model number (sm-n920g) and entered the serial number. Kies then started to download the firmware and the recovery failed. I have no idea what to do really. Should I try using the Smart Switch program instead? Flashing a lollipop one via odin? Or what? I've never had any trouble before flashing stock roms or customs on any of my other phones, so I'm getting a bit frustrated after Kies didn't work. Any recommendations would be gladly appreciated!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1MR2w1V
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment