Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Unlocked Bootloader Voided Warrenty

I was pretty sure that unlocking the bootloader would NOT void the warrenty. I was however wrong. A few weeks ago I sent in my Nexus 6P for repair since it could not make or recivie phones calls since the day I bought it.

Today I got it back with a note saying the Warranty is now void because of the unlocked bootloader. Not only that they put my IMEI for blacklisting from all Huawei repair centers.

I thought it was well known that you would be safe if you unlocked your bootloader?

They also stated that unlocking the bootloader corrupts and tampers with the mainboard and as a result the device is beyond repair.

Who in the world do I contact about this? This is a huge issue people need to know about.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1pZwpsc
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment