Saturday, July 30, 2016

Bricked HTC One M7, I need serious help!

Hello everyone, I used to have an account on here years ago and I just had to create a new one for the purpose of this thread. Let me know if this type of issue has already been resolved but I have spent a great deal of time trying to locate a solution with no results. I have an older HTC One m7 I started using again to try and use the hotspot on it because I have unlimited data I needed to root it. Only reason for the hotspot is because I just moved and I am still waiting for my internet service to be hooked up on the second. Anyways, down to buisness. I made myself a developer on my device, unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP V2.5.0.0 onto my phone. All was going well until the phone went to reboot. After it rebooted I was in the TWRP recovery menu, and I went to back up. As soon as I clicked it the phone completely froze up on that screen. And then a lock image appeared with TWRP across where the combination would go and i could still see everything in the background. Install, back up, mount, restore, settings, reboot etc. And beneath the image of the lock, which actually appears to be unlocked it says swipe to unlock and has a slider beneath it. Completely unresponsive on the screen, I cannot select anything at all. No different combinations of presses on the volume keys or power button is resetting or doing anything. I cannot even get it to turn off. I did notice, when i long press the power button the back arrow and home button flash simultaneously (on the HTC One M7 those are touch screen buttons, that are actually visible even when the device is off, but also completely unresponsive. I did notice as well that if I plug in my phone charger in the background above the menu options it shows how charged my battery is, and appears to charge when I plug it in. It is a silver, HTC One M7, AT&T version, running android 5.0.2 Thank everyone in advance, I tried to be as detailed as possible but let me know if more information is required to understand what is going on here. Thank you!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2ahxmFC
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment