Sunday, July 31, 2016

[Review] Syllable D300 Bluetooth headphones for 12$!

Hey,

some days ago Syllable sent me a pair of their D300 bluetooth in-ear headphones for review so here it is now :)
Let me first clarify that I am neither paid by them nor related to them in any other way.

Let's start :highfive:

General information


The headphones ship in a small box with a long charging connector and ear plugs in different sizes:

The medium ear plugs are already attached to the speakers, a smaller and a bigger pair ships with them (bigger is not in picture). I really like the little clamp that comes with them so I can attach them to my shirt. Big plus!

The headphones have three buttons as you can see here:

The key mapping is
  • Volume+/Next Song
  • Shutdown or switch on/Pause
  • Volume-/Previous Song
The first element in the list corresponds to a long press whereas the second element is a normal/short press. This is quite counterintuitive given that the buttons have + and - printed on itself. Once you figure that out it is easy to use though :) The buttons are also a bit sluggish to press but they are still usable. There is also a microphone built in which really surprised me keeping in mind that these things cost just 12$! The call quality is mediocre though. If you receive a call while wearing them a single press on the middle button answers it. If you then press again the call is hung it.

Pairing
I used a Blackview Alife P1 Pro and an Elephone P8000 as a pairing device and both worked fine with the headphones. To pair you simply have to press and hold the middle button until the speakers turn themselves on. Then keep holding the button until the built in LED starts to alter between blue and red. The "D300" can then be found in your BT smartphone menu. Only one device can be paired at a time so if you switch devices, you have to turn off bluetooth on the first device in order to pair the second one. I think that's reasonable as also only one person can listen to the music coming out of these headphones so there is no need to pair more than one device at a time. If you wanna use it after pairing again a short power button press is sufficient so you don't have to hold the button longer than 1 second when starting the phones the next time.
Sound Quality
The sound quality is good! I usually wear on ear headphones which have a lot of bass - obviously the D300 have less bass and more mids and highs. When I pushed a bit onto the earphones the bass became more present but that is nothing I want to do while running. I still like the sound quality given the low price and the fact that these things have tiny speakers compared to my big headphones. They also have better bass compared to D700 which I reviewed here.
Battery Life
The D300 came pre-charged and I tested them immediately. The box states 4 hours music time which is a realistic value. After charging the device's battery via micro USB, you get 3.5-4 hours out of them.
Design
The design of the D300 is rather extroverted. My pair came in a neon blue color and I am pretty sure the designers aimed rather at runners than at businessmen. The headphones are not ugly but I personally would not wear them other than for sports or when being at home.
Conclusion
After all I am rather impressed by these inexpensive headphones! You basically get a full functional bluetooth headphone pair with built in microphone, calling feature, music adjustment buttons and a decent battery life for just 12$! Also the bluetooth range is good! The only downside I can on the D300 spot is the extreme color.

Pro:
  • Cheap - 12$!
  • Good sound quality!
  • Decent battery life!
  • Calling feature!
  • Great BT range!
  • Comes with three pairs of earplugs!
  • Good fit!
Con:
  • Color


If you're looking for a cheap pair of wireless headphones for doings sports, go for these guys! You won't be disappointed. :highfive: I definitely recommend to buy them because of the low price and good features! I would also prefer them over the D700 but that is my personal opinion.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2artLE6
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment