Saturday, July 30, 2016

Issues with Mobile Data

I have an Unlocked HTC 10 that I bought directly from HTC. Sometime, when I try to send a text and I'm on Wifi, whether I have a connection to my mobile data or not, the attempt is an automatic failure, even if I try to resend. If I turn off wifi, it won't enable my data connection, even if I turn it off then back on. It forces me to toggle airplane mode on then off If I want to send a text or browse the web. Also, to make things worse, the issue is completely random. I have no idea that it has happened until I try to send a text. TBH, I'm not even sure if wifi is part of the problem, like maybe it is disconnecting from Mobile Data regardless. If it matters, my carrier is T-Mobile.

Keep in mind, I have wifi calling disabled because it was more trouble than it was worth. But for some reason, the phone won't switch to data without my intervention. If I go out of range of the wifi, it will switch, but not all of the time.

Like right now, under my connection settings, Mobile Data says "Disconnected" even though it is turned on. When I just toggled Airplane Mode like I stated above, the connection was established immediately.

Why is the phone not connecting to the Mobile Network automatically? It seems like common sense when it comes to smart phones nowadays and is really annoying when I send a text, only to find out 30 minutes later, it didn't even try.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2ahAjX1
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment