Saturday, July 30, 2016

Is the Note 4 the last great phone?

Ok, we all know that the Note 7 is coming out in a few days but does anyone actually have any desire to upgrade? I've owned my note 4 for over a year and a half and gone through several ROMs and now I've settled with tx's stock LP OK1 ROM. After debloating and applying some minor tweaks my phone is running great. Everything works. The IR blaster is an awesome tool. I use it to to control my TV's, fios boxes, AC's, etc. The FM radio is great and can use it to listen to my radio stations. I love having the removable battery and when my battery starts loosing juice I'll buy a new one. My phone is fast and does just about anything I need it to. My phone is always in a case with a screen protector, so there are no scratches on it and the screen is perfect.

Now that it's just about 2 years old does anyone have any real desire to upgrade, if your phone is working properly? To me it seems like the missing features such as the IR Blaster, FM radio and removable battery in the Note 7 are a deal breaker. I'm sure it will be a handsome and lightening fast phone. Yeah it will beat out my note 4 on every benchmark but is it worth the $700+ upgrade? I just don't see any reason to upgrade.

Please share your thoughts.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aGCqUZ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment