Sunday, July 31, 2016

[Q] Flash to stock with full reset

Sorry to start a thread for something that I think is simple. I want to update my S5 to the newest PF4. I was on a rooted 5.0.1 before. I didn't care about keeping root, etc.

I used SamFirm to download the newest firmware. Then ODIN to flash the newest firmware.

The result was it upgraded my phone to 6.0.1 instead of a clean install. In the old days, I recall having to clean cache, clean Dalvik cache, and maybe some other steps.

I simply want to nuke my phone 100%, and load it with the stock firmware PF4.

If I reboot my phone into recovery I see Wipe Date/Factory Reset and Wipe cache partition. I envision that is what I need to do, but looking for confirmation. Also, does the order matter?


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2anKeeR
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment